Exclusive Brands (“Exclusive Brands” or “Exclusive”), Michigan’s premier, vertically integrated cannabis company composed of state-of-the-art retail locations, a processing and manufacturing facility, and licensed grow operations, as well as Michigan’s home to a breadth of iconic cannabis brands, announced today its company growth highlights in 2021 and recognition of Michigan’s two-year anniversary of legal adult use cannabis retail sales. Despite an unprecedented year navigating the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Exclusive saw a 12 percent sales increase year-over-year and over $200 million in sales projected to finish 2021. Exclusive also opened its new headquarters in Livonia, Michigan, as well as two new retail locations in the state – expanding its portfolio of retail stores to four locations. Exclusive also continued its commitment to creating jobs in local communities, growing its workforce by nearly 100 percent; the Company expects to double its current staff by the end of 2022.
“Our rapid growth across the state of Michigan reflects Exclusive’s commitment to increase access to safe, legal cannabis in our community,” said Narmin Jarrous, Chief Development Officer of Exclusive Brands. “Being on the forefront of one of the Midwest’s largest cannabis markets, we decided that 2021 was the right year for us to execute upon our growth strategy to best meet consumer and patient demand for our award-winning suite of cannabis brands.”
2021 was a successful year for not only the Exclusive Brands organization, but also the team’s social equity efforts in the community. This recap highlights various business initiatives, developments and social equity success stories by Exclusive throughout the year that position the company for success and further growth in 2022.
Operating HIghlights for 2021 Included:
- Exclusive Brands opened its Grand Rapids retail location in February to further expand access to renowned cannabis products from brands including Kushy Punch, Strain Kings, Platinum Vapes, Terpene Tanks, Church Cannabis Co., Concentrate Kings, and Heavyweight Heads
- The Company opened its fourth retail store servicing medical cannabis patients in Muskegon, expanding its retail portfolio to four storefronts in Michigan
- Exclusive Brands established its new headquarters in Livonia, Michigan to support their statewide growth initiatives
- Exclusive Brands partnered with the Black and Brown Cannabis Guild to host the largest expungement resource fair across the entire state of Michigan during a national week of expungement
- This summer, Exclusive’s Heavyweight Heads original strain “Orangutan” won first place for best rec sativa flower in the High Times’ Cannabis Cup
- The Company launched its newest cannabis and cannabidiol (CBD) brand, Neno’s Naturals, created by their very own Chief Development Officer, Narmin Jarrous
- Exclusive’s Kushy Punch brand won Best Edible for the 2nd year in a row in Detroit Metro Times’ “Best of Detroit 2021”
Key Press Highlights for 2021 Included:
- Grand Rapids Business Journal “Michigan’s first recreational cannabis company opens Grand Rapids location”
- Fox 17 “GR Pizzeria owner turns to legal pot for next business venture“
- Forbes “Cannabis Industry Movers & Shakers Reflect On A Year Of Being ‘Essential’ This 4/20”
- NBC News “House reintroduces bill to decriminalize cannabis, create social equity programs”
- ABC 13 “Study: Michigan’s cannabis industry worth $3.2B, much of it still ‘illicit’”
- Green Entrepreneur “How to Protect Yourself from Market Oversaturation”
- Associated Press “Exclusive Brands Opens New Headquarters in Livonia, Michigan, to Support Statewide Growth Initiatives”
- MJBiz Daily “Marijuana Execs See More Sales Gains as COVID-19 Lockdowns Ease”
- Fox 17 “In this Muskegon County township, recreational marijuana is on the ballot”
- Benzinga “Exclusive Brands Launches Proprietary Neno’s Naturals to Expand Renowned Portfolio of Product Offerings”
- MiBiz “Barriers, opportunities persist in Michigan’s growing cannabis market“
- Detroit Metro Times “25-year-old Michigan woman launches cannabis brand after dealing with chronic pain”
- Grand Rapids Business Journal “Two years in, retail cannabis growth explodes”
Looking ahead into 2022, Exclusive Brands has plans to expand to five more retail locations, create additional job opportunities for Michigan residents, and contribute to local cannabis education and other community investments.
Narmin Jarrous also said, “We are incredibly grateful for another year of success here at Exclusive, and continue to work hard to increase access to safe, legal cannabis to patients and consumers in our communities. It is also important to note that people of color that have been disproportionately impacted by the War on Drugs are still in prison for a plant that is now largely legal in most states across the U.S. Our social equity work within our community is not done.”
For more information about Exclusive Brands, company developments, and the ever-growing portfolio of brands Exclusive works with, visit https://exclusivebrands.com/. Follow Exclusive Brands on Instagram at @exclusivebrandsmi.