Vaping your weed gives you more bang for your buck, by more efficiently consuming your material allowing for less waste. The lack of a consistent burn means a little weed can go a long way when you opt for vaping it. Vaping heats cannabis below the combustion point meaning you’ll avoid burning your weed, which often has an undesirable taste and you won’t have to worry about wasted weed at the end of your joint. It’s possible to make tasty snacks with the already vaped weed too!
Another benefit is the lack of a lingering smell, however, it won’t get rid of the smell of weed entirely. Vapes are incredibly portable and very conspicuous in comparison to almost any other weed smoking method. Though vaporizing weed isn’t new, there have been some amazing technological advances in vaping technology that far surpasses old school vaporizers or the past.
The vast number of portable weed vaporizers available on the market can make it overwhelming to find the right one for you. To assist you in your search, we’ve compiled a list of the best portable dry herb and concentrate vaporizers on the market. We’ve evaluated a number of vaporizers based on their features, prices and consumer reviews to compile a definitive list of the best portable weed vaporizers you can buy in 2021.
There’s no one “best vaporizer” out there. When buying one, users should consider what features they value and how much they are willing to spend. But the first step is understanding the difference between the most popular types of portable weed vaporizers. The first key thing to understand is the difference between heating methods commonly used in weed vaporizers.
Convection vs. Conduction Weed Vaporizers
Vaping is the process of heating a material enough to emit vapor without causing combustion. Convection and conduction vaporizers are the two dominant heating methods used in the vaporizing industry today. Though they are both healthier alternatives to smoking, it’s important to know the difference, as they both leverage different methods to vaporize your cannabis.
Put simply, convection weed vaporizers heat your weed indirectly with a stream of heated air to slowly heat your herb. The process is comparable to air frying technology in terms of heating evenly without direct content. As a result, users get smooth, clean hits of vapor with virtually no chance of burning.
Conduction vaporizers use direct heat to vaporize your herb. In this form, heat has to directly touch the concentrate or herb, heating your weed below the combustion point. This is done with electricity.
Pros and Cons
Generally, conduction doesn’t heat your concentrate as evenly or efficiently as convection. There’s a small chance that the herb will burn and leave a lot of residue in the chamber to clean out. However, they are usually cheaper than convection weed vaporizers, are less bulky, and heat up faster.
Convection, on the other hand, burns evenly every time and there’s no fear of combustion. They are easier to clean and have better flavor control. However, they are often more expensive and sometimes not as portable as conduction weed vaporizers.
10 Best Portable Vaporizers for Cannabis in 2021
10. Davinci Miqro Vaporizer
The main tenets of a good weed vaporizer are great flavor, portability, and customization options so you can have complete control over your smoking experience. The Davinci Miqro Vaporizer is a sleek, modern vaporizer that takes these core tenets and delivers a smooth, tasty high in the purest form imaginable.
Top 3 Best features
- Temperature-controlled path options
- An adjustable over pearl
- Attached lids for packing loose-leaf herb
The Miqro doesn’t sacrifice any quality for its portability. Experience a discreet smoking experience for on-the-go situations, and simply store the device in your pocket. This is the perfect weed vaporizer for users who want a tailored smoking experience packed into a small, efficient machine that delivers smooth, pure hits and unparalleled flavor.
- Price: This portable weed vaporizer is $99.00
- Type of Vaporizer: Combo. This weed vaporizer uses a combination of direct heat and hot air to create a vape that heats quickly without the risk of combustion.
- Positive Reviews: Users note that this vape provides flavorful hits and is effective for delivering microdoses. Multiple users praise the Davinci Miqro Vaporizer as their go-to vape and an essential for traveling.
9. Airvape Legacy
Airvape is unparalleled in elegant design, offering users a quality vaping experience with quick heating times and a removable heating chamber to help users achieve the optimal even heating experience. The Airvape Legacy offers users the option to smoke loose leaf herb or wax concentrate. Included in the design is a removable golden microdosing basket to help users get the most out of their concentrate.
Unlike most weed vaporizers, the Airvape Legacy offers the choice of charging via a USB slot or on a wireless charging station for ultimate convenience, no matter what situation you’re in. Users can easily control their temperature settings with a two-button precision control system to achieve their desired, optimal heat. Instead of using cheap plastic, the vape is made with an innovative blend of glass, gold, vegan leather, black ceramic, and hemp-based textile to ensure durability and supreme aesthetics.
- Price: This portable weed vaporizer is $249.00
- Type of Vaporizer: The Airvape Legacy uses convection heating while delivering a fast heat-up time and great flavor.
- Positive Reviews: Users rave that the air vape legacy has a solid weight and airflow, noting that the mouthpiece doesn’t get hot. Other users note the cool vapor and quick heating times.
8. Arizer Solo II
The Arizer Solo II provides super smooth vapor with fast heating, precise temperature control, and a discreet appearance. It has a very long battery life and can be used while charging, eliminating any waiting time. The removable glass piece can be easily cleaned and the rest of the device doesn’t require any cleaning!
This is the perfect vape for someone who wants to keep their vaping to themselves with ultimate discretion.
- Price: This portable weed vaporizer is $164.99
- Type of Vaporizer: The Arizer Solo II uses a hybrid model with an isolated vapor airpath to provide quick heating times and smooth hits!
- Positive Reviews: Users state that the Arizer Solo II is insanely discreet as it barely produces any smell. They praise how easy it is to clean and use the vaporizer and how smooth the hits are.
7. Pax 3
Want to vape in public without being noticed? The Pax 3 marries a compact and sleek design with heightened functionality to deliver a host of complex controls to customize your smoking experience. Change your temperature, vape mode, and power controls on the device or on a separate app! The weed vaporizer is built with a lip sensor for draw activation and half-pack lids for smaller vaping sizes.
- Price: This portable weed vaporizer is $200.00
- Type of Vaporizer: The Pax 3 is a conduction vaporizer that offers a fast heating time and a reliable temperature control system.
- Positive Reviews: Users note the incredible list of features and intuitive design this weed vaporizer boasts.
6. CRAFTY+ Vaporizer
Some vaporizers are so compact that they compensate with a lack of features and a medicare performance. The CRAFTY+ Vaporizer bypasses that to deliver a dynamic vape you can carry in your pocket. With a huge temperature control range, as hot as 410° F, this weed vaporizer packs a punch and delivers full clouds and a delicious taste every time.
This vape includes a cool-down unit to help reduce the harshness of hits and as an intuitive design grip that just feels comfortable in your hands.
- Price: This portable weed vaporizer is $223.20
- Type of Vaporizer: CRAFTY+ uses a hybrid model of conduction and convection for even heating and wonderful airflow.
- Positive Reviews: Users note the convenience of the dosing capsule and the simple usage. One review states it’s so easy to use, an inexperienced friend could smoke it and get satisfying hits.
5. Utillian 722 Vaporizer
When you’re vaping, sometimes an all-in-one vape doesn’t cut it. The Utillian 722 Vaporizer gives you options. Heating options, herb and concentrate compatibility, and a boost mode are all folded into an easy-to-use one-button-activated vape.
This set comes with cleaning tools and a poker to help you get the most out of your herb or concentrate. This vape is perfect for stoners who want clean hits and an even cook.
- Price: This portable weed vaporizer is $149.99
- Type of Vaporizer: The Utilliana 722 vapor uses convection heating for smooth and tasty hits delivered to you via airflow.
- Positive Reviews: Reviews state it is easy to use and is incredibly affordable. One review states that it’s a pure convection heater in every sense and is a bargain for how well it works.
4. MIGHTY Vaporizer
The Mighty vaporizer delivers the same power-portability double punch of the CRAFTY+ with a larger chamber and an extremely thorough heating system that helps users save money by conserving as much weed as possible.
The weed vaporizer is sleek, easy to use, and has an intuitive grip design.
- Price: This portable weed vaporizer is 279.20
- Type of Vaporizer: This is a hybrid vaporizer system, using full air-heating technology with a little bit of direct heating for efficient first hits and a fast heating time.
- Positive Reviews: Users praise the MIGHTY vaporizer for its supreme conservation of weed, noting that a little goes a long way with MIGHTY. One review states it has the best flavor and vape flow of any vape they have tried.
3. Zeus Arc GT
The Zeus Arc GT is a lightweight, yet powerful weed vaporizer that offers powerful hits and the ability to add custom changes to increase durability and cooling options. This vape offers great battery life and a haptic feedback feature.
It’s the perfect device for those on the go who want thick and flavorful clouds.
- Price: This portable weed vaporizer is $229.99
- Type of Vaporizer: The Zeus Arc GT uses a combination of a built-in conduction chamber and a vapor path for quick smooth hits and minimal burning.
- Positive Reviews: Reviews praise the large clouds and full flavor and note that an Iceborn add-on can be purchased for cooler vape hits.
2. Davinci IQ2 Vaporizer
Looking for a clean and durable vape that’s also portable? The Davinci IQ2 Vaporizer offers unprecedented purity and flavor with its ceramic design and isolated, air-tight airway tubes to deliver you smooth, tasty hits at the push of a button. This vape includes a diable to adjust the air temperature for people who cough easily and want even smoother hits.
This vape is perfect for users who want to get the most out of their weed, control their dosages, and experience premium flavor with an easy-to-use system.
- Price: This portable weed vaporizer is $295.00
- Type of Vaporizer: This vape uses a “heat, no burn” conduction system that isolates the concentrate in a glass-lined over to prevent combustion.
- Positive Reviews: Users praise the Davinci IQ2 Vaporizer’s precision and dose control.
1. Firefly 2+
The best portable weed vaporizer on our list is an upgrade from a previous model. The Firefly 2+ is a smooth, discreetly designed draw activation vaporizer. Their new model boasts a 33% increase in airflow and a quick heating process, only requiring 3-seconds. The vape includes temperature options ranging from 200° – 500°F one of the widest ranges in all the vaporizers we evaluated. It was recently featured on Magnetic Mag and has been featured in a number of other publications ranging from GQ, Good Morning America, Mashable and more.
In addition to it’s quick heat technology, the Firefly 2+ has a quick cool down time, meaning users can have isolated smoke sessions while passing it between friends, with the ability to achieve a unique temperature in between each hit, while minimizing the wasteful vaporization of material inside.
- Price: This portable weed vaporizer is $249.95
- Type of Vaporizer: The Firefly 2+ uses dynamic convection technology to deliver smooth, tasty and controlled hits with every session
- Positive Reviews: Users praise the vape for its increased airflow, lower price, and quick charging times. One review states that the Firefly 2+ can help you get the most out of your herb with insanely fast heating times.
Disclaimer: This article is intended for information and entertainment purposes only and is not intended to reflect the specific views of the publication.